The college is situated at the Eastern part of Combined Military Hospital. It is an adjacent to the Dhaka Airport Main road at the Zia colony. It is free from the clamour & pollution of Dhaka city with having a wonderful natural environment. It was establisted in 1939. It was then named Unit school.
It was acquired in cantonment board in 1952 after the establishment of Dhaka Cantonment Board in 1951. It is the first Cantonment educational institution. It was entitled Shaheed Ramiz Uddin Cantonment school with the independence war in 1971 and was named for a martyr in 1971. It was modified to college in 1998 and was named Shaheed Ramiz Uddin Higher Secondary School. It was renamed Shaheed Ramiz Uddin Cantonment College after the approval of Dhaka education board. It was enriched to Degree College from the session 2004-2005. It was separated from school under the administrative ground under the disposal of National University.